This is a copy of my thread from personality cafe.
Now that i've got your attention, my question - am i more of a ISTP or INTP. I dont rule out being another type but they dont particularly obvious in my case. I've been doing a lot of tests whenever it's cognitive functions, socionics or even reading Jung himself. So far, nothing seems to stick.
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
First things first, i've been having a mild-moderate depression through out my whole life. I dont remember snapping out of it except a few moments. I guess another thing is that i've never been in relationship despite being 25
2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
My first thought would be - "Just fucking great, that's all i need - a broken car". Outward reaction would be a snarky comment and a deep sigh. After that i'd try to think what could be wrong and whenever it could be fixed quickly. I'm not good with cars so i might call my father or ask passengers what could the problem be.
3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I'd feel quite tense about it because i dont know the place or the people. If i'd be alone, i probably get smashed or find a person to speak with. I wouldnt become party animal because alcohol makes me even more depressive and thoughtful about life in general.
4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
It really depends on the topic because if it's something about that i know i'm good with, i might put him down if he doesnt know what he says. Otherwise i'd be interested in his opinion and more particularly - why he thinks in that way. I'd say i'm a sore loser and if i'd lose argument in overwhelming fashion, i might end up sulking for the rest of the evening.
5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
I might laugh at myself for previously believing in nonsense and adopt better belief or habit.
6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
That's a tricky question as i see myself as a something which is made from other people personalities. I might change values in other values would make more sense for me. My inner world is complete chaos and i feel like a hollow person.
7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a) I try to think myself as a very curious person who wants to try new or even taboo stuff. I'm willing to try anything at least once to get to know myself better.
b) I guess that would my connection with other people (??). I ultimately feel disconnected from other people and feel like an alien observing humans. I know that i should feel something but there's nothing.
8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I process first impressions with my gut feelings. I might like or dislike people just from that and without any other reason. I become very observant when in new or dangerous situations.
9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) reading interesting stuff, doing sports, observing view when sitting in passenger seat, eating, drinking, taking long walks by the beach.
b) all formal situations at work. i'd say communicating with people but i dont feel drained when i do it though internet unlike in irl.
10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I dont really repress myself, it's even opposite - sometimes i could shut up with all these comments and criticism. I guess i have a hard time expressing my anger though actions (i have no problems doing that verbally) like smashing things.
Could someone help me with this thing? I'd be very grateful and you'd earn +100 points.