Sign Up | Log in |

type me too? ¯\_(o.o)_/¯

TOTAL MBTI VOTES: 7


INFP - 3 vote(s)
INTP - 2 vote(s)
INFJ - 1 vote(s)
INTJ - 1 vote(s)

Log in to vote!

TOTAL ENNEA VOTES: 8


5W4 - 6 vote(s)
1W2 - 1 vote(s)
4W5 - 1 vote(s)

Log in to vote!

'sup! i'm having an identity crisis again so i thought i'd give the whole 'type me' thing a shot. i'm mostly interested in enneagram votes bc i'm torn between a few types. sorry for the lengthy post but i felt like simple bullet points wouldn't do the justice. with that being said:

> i'm rather comfortable with my feelings and i often like to indulge in them, but i don't like to express any of them publicly. i don't even think i can. dealing with others' feelings (in any way really) is even more awkward and i quickly back away when things start being too personal for my liking

> i like the idea of having a deep emotional connection with someone but putting that into practice makes me super uncomfortable lol

> i like to keep things light most of the time but people who refuse to be serious at all get on my nerves

> it's difficult for me to get interested in anything. when something catches my interest though, hoo boy, i'm super obsessive. i think i've seen all the internet content i possibly can for my most recent obsession (~5 months). when it comes to people i like, i often stalk their social media because i enjoy seeing what kind of people they are

> in-depth character analyses are my kinda shit. i can go on for days about the psychologies of fictional characters

> i love being critical, ranting, etc. despite that, i don't like to directly act on my pettiness though because hey, who am i to tell people what to do? as much as i like to pick things apart i also try to be considerate and understanding whenever possible

> i put in a lot of effort into everything i do and sometimes i feel like i'm the only person who cares about doing things right

> i might be hardworking but i'm not a high achiever

> i'm very idealistic and dissatisfied with life in the result but i'm more prone to brooding than actually doing something

> most of all i'm afraid of future, things like getting a job and doing other 'adult' things. i feel like i don't know much about this world so i constantly stress that i'm doing something wrong

i don't even know if it's possible to get any impression from this random trivia but i'm curious what you have to say anyway.

Posted by wpprsnppr on forum Posted on 2018-01-28 22:13:42

Log in to add a comment.

Comments

Sort (descending) by: Date posted | Most voted
  • Posted on: 2018-02-04 04:09:53

    Andrea

     

    You sound intuitive (interested in character analysis and such) but maybe not so much as a Ni because the future scares you more then fasinates you? And Fi because you seem aware of your own feelings and indulging in them privately. And because "dealing with other's feelings is...awkward" for you, whilst an Fe would naturally be at ease with other people's emotions.


  • Posted on: 2018-01-29 07:51:04

    Nyx

     

    I understand that you're not completely certain on any type or function, but would you be able to give us your views on why you think you could be Ti over Fi, and then Fi over Ti?  The ideas must be strong on both ends or you'd be a lot more certain, maybe we can help from your point of view?


    • Posted on: 2018-01-30 07:47:10

      wpprsnppr

       

      hmm, i don't think i utilize ti in my stack to be honest. i like to analyze things i love but i'm not particularly concerned with things being logically consistent on average, rather i think in terms of efficiency and usefulness. i identify with fi a great deal too because generally speaking, i tend to see the world through the "me" lens. i think either intj or ixfp is a good fit for me but i'm perpetually stuck between the two options orz


  • Posted on: 2018-01-29 06:19:43

    strawberry crisis

     

    Hmmm even though I do agree with 5w4, I see it more like a “best fit” for you instead of a “this is so you!” kind of thing. You definitely have an information-gathering side and an “investigative” side that falls adjacent with type 5 but it becomes a little shaky when you imagine something along the lines of a “fear of incompetency.” But it’s totally not a bad fit at all—you’re certainly cerebral, analytical, insightful and above all a critical thinker, and your more mature outlook on debate and discussion cements the idea of you holding a particular attitude oriented toward learning and understanding that I think many people often set aside once critical disagreement begins to permeate the atmosphere.

    But like as I’m typing this it’s hard not to see you as a 5. Your fear of growing up could totally be related to you not feeling prepared? for what’s out there in a way that could tie itself back to an “I haven’t learned enough” line of thinking. I’m not really sure! But if you’re a 5, your wing would totally be 4. Honestly there’s room here for 4 to be your core type but it seems a little more “secondary” with how you’ve described yourself here. You seem to be attuned to your inner emotionality, identity and all that in a way that I feel sets you apart from 5s with a 6 wing.

    I’d also guess you’re INT 5w4!


    • Posted on: 2018-01-29 06:59:51

      wpprsnppr

       

      i 100% agree with 5w4 being just "the best fit" more than anything else. that's exactly how it feels for me. it's because 4 and 5 are so different it's difficult to tell whether someone is "just a 4 with common sense" or "5 in touch with their feelings" but hearing second opinions really puts things into perspective. i'm glad i wasn't completely wrong about my type though, that'd be just embarassing c':


  • Posted on: 2018-01-29 05:50:36

    hearts

     

    Honestly, snap. You describe yourself in terms I would expect a 5w4 sx/sp to describe themselves in. Maayybe sp/sx. You really seem to value a sort of information gathering approach to deal with uncertainity in life (obsessions) and intimacy (social-media stalking).  Your last bullet point about being afraid of the future and the way you describe that fear has shades of the enneagram 5's struggle with incapability or helplessness, combined with the very 4-ish individualistic streak I see in your other bullet points. Similarly, you put a special emphasis on hardwork and politeness in your post which sort of makes me lean J by the letters but overall I'm feeling INTx 5w4 here. 


    • Posted on: 2018-01-29 06:32:05

      wpprsnppr

       

      aha, so it looks like i'm not that far off base after all! funnily enough i was torn between sp/sx and sx/sp for a while too, haha. contradictions everywhere.


  • Posted on: 2018-01-29 04:15:22

    DerekTheCleric

     

    To be honest with you its hard to tell. This is worded in a very INFP way, but I'm not actually sold on that. I get a lot of Ne from you, so I'm pretty sure about NP, but this quote here:

    "it's difficult for me to get interested in anything. when something catches my interest though, hoo boy, i'm super obsessive. i think i've seen all the internet content i possibly can for my most recent obsession (~5 months). "

    sounds more INTP than INFP. I connect a lot with this (although that might be more Ne than anything else). So in other words, idk, I think you're some sort of NP. I'm just worried that this is skewed because it was written while you were thinking about how you might be an INFP. Why did you originally think you were INTJ?


    • Posted on: 2018-01-29 06:28:39

      wpprsnppr

       

      ne? what do you mean? o: i always thought i'm short on ne.

      hmm, originally i thought i was intj because that's what i've always gotten on these obscure mbti tests but once i started looking into mbti more deeply i just decided "yup, that sounds about right" and rolled with it. i do wonder if i might be an infp sometimes because for an intj i've always been kinda feel-y but i think i use ni-se rather than ne-si, and my te is 100% not inferior. idk, it's just that no matter how many times i think about it intj just seems to fit me the most.


    • Posted on: 2018-01-29 09:30:56

      Elf Monster

       

      Yea I definately relate a ton that quote aswell, although its hard to tell if its an NT or NP thing.


  • Posted on: 2018-01-29 02:09:04

    Elf Monster

     

    wpprsnppr the INFP? Intersesting.....I do think it's highly likely based on this tho.


    • Posted on: 2018-01-29 06:26:10

      wpprsnppr

       


    • Posted on: 2018-01-29 09:26:54

      Elf Monster

       

      oh my god hahahahaha


    • Posted on: 2018-01-29 09:43:43

      Elf Monster

       

      In all seriousness though, its hard to tell based on this. It seems kind of INFP in nature, but I could be completely wrong since theres nothing too solid. Overall the only thing really certain is that you're an N, and probably an Introvert, although I can't eliminate ENxP as a possibility.


    • Posted on: 2018-01-30 06:58:21

      wpprsnppr

       

      fair enough! i was mostly curious about the enneagram votes ^^


  • Posted on: 2018-01-28 23:28:27

    matejko108

     

    "> i'm rather comfortable with my feelings and i often like to indulge in them, but i don't like to express any of them publicly. i don't even think i can. dealing with others' feelings (in any way really) is even more awkward and i quickly back away when things start being too personal for my liking

    > i like the idea of having a deep emotional connection with someone but putting that into practice makes me super uncomfortable lol"

    that sounds very 4w5


    • Posted on: 2018-01-29 06:25:06

      wpprsnppr

       

      yeah, it's mostly these points that make me question my type. 5w4 vs 4w5 (vs 1w9 maybe) specifically ;; it's tough being a contradictive person.


    • Posted on: 2018-01-29 21:03:10

      matejko108

       

      I may be biased, because I'm a 4w5 myself and what you wrote about being comfortable with feelings but not with expressing them or dealing with others' feelings is something I can relate to a lot.  I have a very strong 5 wing though.

      but there are differences. you seem to be more focussed and obsessive than I am,  which could point to type 5. you said you are hard working and put a lot of effort into the things you do. I - as a 4 - am more of an undisciplined daydreamer; and the thoughts I get lost in are more about phantasizing about myself, imagining conversations etc. It's hard for me to focus and put a lot of work into something; it's like I have to figure out who I am first, which is like a never ending inner monologue, like working on a character in a novel, that's never finished.  I tend to get lost in an inner imaginative and dreamy mental space, although I can also be analytic and crtical (but considering that the social 4s are also called "the social critics" and that I have a very strong 5 wing, that's hardly surprising)

      You see, even in helping you to figure out your type, I mainly talk about myself :D which is another thing that distinguishes 4s from 5s: 4s are self-revealing and really want to express themselves emotionally (even if they often feel inhibited), 5s really want to keep their emotions and thoughts to themselves. They might express their emotions to a few people that are close to them, but reluctantly and uncomfortably. 5w4 are more aware of their emotions then 5w6s but their attention is focussed on the demands of the outside world and how to retain and protect their privacy, energy and inner space. 5s look outside with alert attention, trying to retain as much space and distance as they can. 4 looks inside to feel and imagine who they really are, and only use the outside world to either fuel their inner imagined fantasy-self or to express themselves creatively. Their attention is drifted away into the distant and the absent which they long for. 5s are analytical observers, 4s are dreamy melancholics.

      hope that helps a little.


    • Posted on: 2018-01-30 06:54:16

      wpprsnppr

       

      it really did help, thanks! i definitely have a lot of 4 traits so deciding on my type wasn't easy but after i read your comment i understand it much better.


  • Posted on: 2018-01-28 22:05:16

    yuri chi

     

    alrighty, imma analyze each statement by the functions!

    1. sounds like Fi
    2. Fi
    3. inferior Te
    4.  i think Ne? i could also see Se as possibility too?
    5. Ji, maybe Fi since it deals moreso with analzying their character, feelings,  ideals, n shit
    6. Fi-Te
    7.  Fi
    8. low Te
    9. Fi
    10. Ne-Si... or Si-Ne idrk the diffrence lmao

    i would say that you're probs an infp. i would also consider isfp, but i think infp is more likely.


    • Posted on: 2018-01-29 06:24:34

      wpprsnppr

       

      that might not be too far off base! i do at times consider i might be an infp haha.